Want to become a BPCSV member?
BPCSV welcomes new members to its growing community. There are several benefits for a member of BPCSV, which includes all, but not limited to the followings:
- Easily integrating with and becoming a lively member of the tightly-knitted BPCSV family.
- Quickly making new friends for yourself and your children with the growing Bengali Hindu diaspora in Victoria.
- Allowing you to nurture and participate in various Bengali literary, language, musical, singing, dancing and theatrical activities;
- Allowing you to practice, keep alive and pass on our peaceful religious and rich cultural values, knowledge and traditions to your future generations;
- Members pay only one annual subscription to help organise and enjoy all BPCVS events round the year
- Members pay less in compare to non-members for meals in BPCSV events.
- Only members have voting right in Annual General Meeting and all other decision making processes of BPCSV. With membership you can influence and shape BPCSV organisation and its activities for the benefits of our community.
Two membership categories are available for aspiring members, these are:
Suitable and applicable for permanently settled families in Victoria with two or more family members.
- An Australian citizen or permanent resident of Bengali descendant living in Victoria, Australia.
- Spouse of a current Full Member irrespective of national origin or Australian residency status.
Suitable and applicable for overseas student or student with family or not-yet-settled family or settled individuals in Victoria.
- Any person of Bengali descendant currently residing in Victoria irrespective of his/her Australian residency status.
- Spouse of a current Full Member or Associate Member irrespective of national origin or Australian residency status.
Any eligible person, who agrees with the Objectives and Purpose of BPCSV, agrees to abide by its rules and satisfies the membership criteria may apply for a membership.
You can lodge your application either
- Online (go to Apply for Membership under Member menu)
- Download an application form here and send back to us via email or by hand during any BPCSV event.
- Membership form will also be available during Durga puja event for new members who are willing to join/re-join our community group. For more information, please visit our Information Desk at any BPCSV event.
Award of Membership
- Each membership application must have one reference by an existing Full Member of BPCSV.
- New membership will only be awarded upon the approval of BPCSV Executive Council and payment of necessary subscription fees.
- Current (2017-18) subscription fees are:
o Annual subscription for full member: $261.00 per member's family
o Annual subscription for associate member: $111.00 per associate member's family
- The Executive Council reserves the exclusive right to accept or reject any application based on the criteria set forth in BPCSV Constitution.
- In the event of rejection of an application, a notice of rejection will be sent to the applicant as soon as possible after holding of earliest EC meeting.
Please contact us for more details about application and award of membership.